Thursday 110707

WOD
Morning:
This is your opportunity to work something. You may think you have a great overhead squat but could it be better? Same goes with all movements. Don't waste the hour. Look at how you do things and see if you can't make a small change here or there. I'm pretty sure we can all improve gymnastics-wise.

Evening:
Swimming - This is our last evening swimming before we take it back to the gym.

If we want to get back here or better, we still got a lot of work to do and not much time to do it. Are you doing all you can do?

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Went in at 5 a.m. and worked on CTB pullups with overhand only grip. The kip is better, and I'm able to do these this way now (always used reverse grip before and "muscled myself up to the bar)but I still need to work on pushing away from the bar to put several together. Amanda suggested I use a tan band to get the feel of pushing away from the bar which I will do next time.

I also worked on muscle ups and spent the majority of my time here. Garrett and John from 5 a.m. helped with these. I used 2 plates from the floor that allowed me to be able to reach up on my tiptoes and get a good false grip, pull myself up to a 90 degree angle, keeping my elbows in tight, and then kip as hard as I could to pull myself up as high as I could. I wasn't able to get my shoulders quite high enough to be able to fall forward into a dip position and lock out, but they were getting closer. The harder my kip and the better I did at keeping my elbows in tight, the higher I could get. It was helpful to have someone else watching and noting progress, things I need to work on, etc. I think this was better for me to work on rather than a higher stack of plates or box where I'm allowing myself to jump up on the rings which isn't realistic to what a muscle up actually is.

I will not be at swimming tonight as I'm getting a new toilet installed at my house (exciting I know), but it needs to be done.